The Extra Mile eNewsletter is delivered every month via e-mail to friends of Project Extra Mile. Below you will find our most recent publications:
- January 2021: Congress Makes Federal Alcohol Tax Cuts Permanent: Elected leaders ignore one public health risis while responding to another
- December 2020: 2020 in Review: PEM turns 25 - as committed as ever to preventing excessive alcohol use
- November 2020: Public Health Community Calls on Ricketts to Roll Back Alcohol-focused, COVID-19 Executive Orders: Relaxed alcohol regulations in Nebraska must be lifted when businesses operate without restrictions
- October 2020: Is Going Out to Eat and Drink Worth the Risk?: Research shows heightened COVID-19 threat tied to indoor dining and drinking
- September 2020: Alcohol now kills more than 95,000 Americans each year: Increase in substance use during pandemic raises alarm
- August 2020: Public Health Advocates Urge Governors to Restore Alcohol Policies: Pandemic leads to weakened regulations
- July 2020: Dietary Guidelines Committee Recommends Reducing Alcohol Use to Achieve Better Health: Will recommendations withstand industry lobbying?
- June 2020: Sunday Alcohol Sales Approved in Gordon: Council abdicates responsibility by punting decision on public health and safety
- May 2020: Alcohol Isn't a Silver Bullet
- April 2020: Alcohol and the Coronavirus: The problem with promoting America's deadliest drug during a pandemic
- March 2020: Utah Marks Anniversary of Pivotal Drunk Driving Law: Colonel Michael Rapich reflects on state's adoption of .05 BAC
- February 2020: Nebraska is Poised to License Charter Bus Services Under the Liquor Control Act: Numerous problems with unregulated party bus operations led to bill
Anyone wanting to sign up for The Extra Mile can do so by providing an e-mail address below. Thank you!