The Extra Mile eNewsletter is delivered every month via e-mail to friends of Project Extra Mile. Below you will find our most recent publications:
- September 2020: Alcohol now kills more than 95,000 Americans each year: Increase in substance use during pandemic raises alarm
- August 2020: Public Health Advocates Urge Governors to Restore Alcohol Policies: Pandemic leads to weakened regulations
- July 2020: Dietary Guidelines Committee Recommends Reducing Alcohol Use to Achieve Better Health: Will recommendations withstand industry lobbying?
- June 2020: Sunday Alcohol Sales Approved in Gordon: Council abdicates responsibility by punting decision on public health and safety
- May 2020: Alcohol Isn't a Silver Bullet
- April 2020: Alcohol and the Coronavirus: The problem with promoting America's deadliest drug during a pandemic
- March 2020: Utah Marks Anniversary of Pivotal Drunk Driving Law: Colonel Michael Rapich reflects on state's adoption of .05 BAC
- February 2020: Nebraska is Poised to License Charter Bus Services Under the Liquor Control Act: Numerous problems with unregulated party bus operations led to bill
- January 2020: Where Will Nebraska Draw the Line on Alcohol Sales? Action on outlet density to address binge drinking and DUI rates
- December 2019: Alcohol Taxes Save Lives: Excise tax increases reduce excessive consumption and its harms
- November 2019: Thanking Community Advocates Across Nebraska
- October 2019: An Evening to Recognize Nebraskans' Tireless Work to Prevent Alcohol-Related Harms
Anyone wanting to sign up for The Extra Mile can do so by providing an e-mail address below. Thank you!