During the month of September 2018 in collaboration with the Nebraska Department of Transportation-Highway Safety Office, Project Extra Mile coordinated two free statewide Law Enforcement Training on Source Investigations in both Omaha (9/18/18) and Broken Bow (9/19/18).
The training topics included:
- Overview of underage drinking trends in Nebraska
- Overview of source investigations and barriers to implementation
- T.R.A.C.E. case study in Sarpy County
- Legal overview of underage drinking laws
- Building community support for enforcement efforts
Sheriff Jeff Davis is a dedicated public safety officer with over 35 years of service at the Sarpy County Sheriff's Office. Sheriff Davis began his career with Sarpy County at age 19 as a dispatcher for the Sarpy County Emergency 911 Operations Center. Over the Course of his career, he worked in the various divisions of the sheriff's office, including Road Patrol, Investigations, Jail and Administration until his swearing in as sheriff in 2005. Since the early days of his tenure as sheriff, Sheriff Davis has been a strong proponent for his department's adoption and utilization of T.R.A.C.E protocol for investigating the source of alcohol for incidents involving underage drinking.